Monday, October 10, 2011

Madness at Millard: Day One


Okay, I suppose you all might have heard about Millard High. Stories about it in the newspaper range from it's being one of the highest ranking schools in America, to being a loony-bin of a school. I myself went to Millard High, and I am going to tell you the whole story from how I experienced it.

I am Aeolos Russo. I was a freshman at the beginning of this story. I was in the exchange student program, and the lucky American boy got to switch into a prestigious Roman school, while I got switched to Millard.

I was wandering the halls for at least a period until I found the principals office to get a schedule. But I still couldn't figure it out, I forgot contacts that day and I couldn't see a thing. I continued walking down the hall to find a class and finally figured it out. Math. It was my worst subject and the professor wasn't helping a thing either, as one of the girls in the class said, he 'didn't look like a Professor, he looked like an Arch-Villain who tries to rule the world but fails'. I suppose he did.

The class was over almost as soon as it started, and I went back on my way to the next class. Maybe if I followed behind someone I would get to the right class. That failed miserably, and I continued walking, until I heard a mumbling in Japanese or some such language.

"Watashi wa sono yona kyoki no gakko ni kayotte imasu..." He said, in a slightly distressed tone.

"What?" I asked him, when he turned and stared at me.

"Nothing. Y-you just seem rike the onry normar person here." He said in broken English. Looking at him, you wouldn't guess he was Asian. He had long brown hair and green eyes, and wore a lot of red. I didn't find out until a week later that his name was Dylan.

"Uhmm...grazie? I suppose?" I said in reply to him, then went on my way again.

My next class? Math. Again. I suppose something was wrong with the schedules or something, or I misread before. "Okay, dearest children. This here is ...a cube." Professor Morcubus said, drawing a cube.

"...whoa." One girl with blue hair said.

"We're not a bunch of morons, sir. Well...I guess you could say otherwise for some of the people here..." A boy [who looked like a Beatle] said, eyeing the other students.

“Well, I’m just reminding everyone else in case they forgot!” The professor said.

“I know it’s a cube… eh… I hate math…” I said quietly. I couldn’t remember much else of the math class except a boy with purple hair [and eyes, and clothing… I guess he liked purple.] flicking a drawing at the blue-haired girl then staring at her with his head tilted, I guess wanting approval, and then talking to a brunette girl [I later found her name was Natalie] when I got confused yet again about the class.

“You don’t even know what subject you’re in? Isn’t it on your schedule?” The blue-haired girl asked.

“E-eh… I can’t read much English…” I said.

“Where are you from, then?” Natalie asked.

“Eh… Italy.” I replied.

“HELLO?! LISTEN TO ME WHEN I AM SPEAKING!” The professor shouted, rapping my desk with his ruler, gaining my attention again.

“S-sorry, sir…” I apologized, and then tried my best to pay attention, even though everything was going over my head.

After that I was finally free from the clutches of the dreaded math class, and as soon as I knew it, it was Lunch. I stood in line quietly with a tray, waiting to get lunch, though I’m not sure why, It looked plain disgusting. One of the bullies in the school, Emette Smithe [I’ll get into him later], started a food fight; one of the first targets? Natalie and I. I tried to retreat as the food flew around the room [what an awful waste of Spaghetti…] and stayed outside of the school until the bell rung for the next class.

It was Art. My favorite class, and the only one that didn’t feel completely alien to me, and I was happy to be back behind a canvas. I kept to myself and painted, not really paying attention to anyone [and they not to me] until it was time to leave. It was an extremely short day today.


No comments:

Post a Comment