Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Madness at Millard: Day Three


The first class of the next day was Lab class. Our experiment was to examine some small animals and write about them. I was paired with Gold so I was exhausted before even a few minutes of working, because he either kept falling asleep, or blindly running around, shouting 'BUY MY PRODUCTS! BUY MY PRODUCTS!'. 

“May I switch partners with someone, Dr. F, sir?” I asked. 

Fine, I'll leave you ONLY if you buy a Talking Blanket and Useless Anteater.” Gold said. 

“SIGH. Does anyone want to switch lab partners with this test subj—er, student here?” Dr. F. asked the class. Nobody. AT ALL. Of course. “Oh well, you'll just have to deal with it.” He said. I sighed and lay my head on the table in front of me. 

“I want to go home...” I muttered. 

“I'll be his partner.” May said. I didn't hear her. Gold ran out of the classroom, cackling like a maniac. 

“...oh, dearie. Looks like you can work alone now.” Dr. F. said. 

“Alright...” I said quietly and prodded my frog with a Popsicle stick.

Demetri was at his creeper game again, and mixed some weird concoction that was a sickly green and was bubbling. After a ferret crawled down Dominick's shirt, Demetri forced the drink down his throat. Following a prompt spit in the face. “YOU FREAKIN'--WHAT IN FREAKIN' HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Dominick shouted. 

“Swallow it or be cursed...” Demetri said. 

“Yeah, sure, voodoo boy. Seriously, just leave me alone. Go bother Blanky or something. NOT ME.” Dominick said, exasperated. 

“Heeeeey!” Blanky shouted. 

“Fine then.” Demetri said, and tried to force it down Blanky's throat. She choked and fell unconscious. 

“Hehe... Sorry Blanky.” Dominick said. 

“All it is is a bunch of energy drinks mixed together...” Demetri said.

I continued poking my frog upsettingly. 

“Hey, Are you okay?” May asked. 

“Fine... just fine...” I said. Dominick took Blanky to the nurse's office, while Hikari played with chemicals. ...Yeah. 

“I thought this was biology?” I asked. “Biology lab.” Dr. F. replied. “Oh...” I said quietly.


After Science, was Math. We all were early so we got to see Mr. Morcubus'... Kingdom Pals. I admit I do have a couple at home, but a man of 40 having a group of them... that's just weird. 

“WHAT THE FLIP ARE YOU KIDS DOING HERE?!” Mr. Morcubus asked, shocked. “...We have class?” Dominick replied. 

“...really?” Mr. Morcubus asked. I sat down and kept quiet, waiting for the lesson, but everyone else wanted to play with the Kingdom Pals. 

“I have a strange feeling that today in Math class the only thing we will be learning is that Morcubus has Collectable Kingdom Pals.” The twins' cousin, Drew said. 

“I think your strange feeling may be right.” Dominick said. 

“Yeah, I guess so. How do these teachers get their jobs anyhow?” I asked. 

“Maybe the demand here for teachers is so high that nobody cares who get's hired.” Drew replied.

The teacher finally got around to teaching and I ended up falling behind. How bad did I feel about it? There was an open window, and I was contemplating jumping out of it. I know what you're thinking, I'm just being a baby. But I was never good with numbers, and I drove my tutors insane with my ineptness, even Anna, who was my best friend.

After agonizing for a while and doing my math, the bell rung for the next class. Much to my displeasure, the teacher was Chef Gino, the owner of a rival Restaurant of my Grandfather's. He put on a mask of a nice man, but in truth, he was anything but. Gold started eating some of the ingredients around the room and Gino whacked him with a rolling pin, shouting; “Come ti permetti, ORO!”, 'That's not allowed, Gold.' He was speaking of Gold as if he was.. you know, a piece of gold,  and not as if it was his name, you don't use the name in Italian. After a good five minutes of him shouting, I completely lost it. 

“Ey, lo ha lasciato da solo! Lui didn' la media di t fare qualche cosa così ARRESTO errato che LO COLPISCE o io sono dicendo al principale che cosa state facendo!” I shouted at him in Italian. I won't tell you exactly what it means, but basically, I threatened to report him to the principal, or even the police, if he continued to abuse Gold.

Gino continued shouting at me and then told us to break into groups to maker smoothies. I ended up with Dominick and we made a Kiwi smoothie. 

“...so, what are we supposed to do?” Dominick asked. 

“Make a smoothie. With a kiwi.” I said. Gino shoved a book in front of us called 'How To Make a Kiwi Smoothie'. 

“You are not good at reading!” He said to the both of us. 

“It's a pointless book! And you're a phony! You call yourself a teacher?!” I shouted, slamming my hands down on the counter and lurching at him, angrily. 

“Yeah, seriously. You just give us a book to read, and that's it? Shouldn't you be teaching us yourself?” Dominick asked, pulling me back. 

“What?” Gino asked, he was completely ignoring us. “You heard me.” I growled.

He ignored us, so I went about making my own smoothie, as a red-haired girl, Zoey, came in the room. 

“Hi Domi...” Zoey said to Dominick. 

“Please don't call me that.” He said. 

“But Domi...” Zoey said, pouting a little. 

“Just call me Dominick. Seriously. Domi sounds weird.” Dominick said. 

“That it does. He's not someone's puppy dog, you know?” I said quietly, with a slight smile. 

“Domi, domi, domi... you know what? I'll call you whatever I want, no matter what you say. Where's Blanket today? I miss her!” Zoey asked impatiently, her mannerisms mimicking a busy hummingbird. 

“A crazy nutcase gothic boy poisoned her.” I said. 

“Yeah... what Aeolos said.” Dominick said, then looked around warily. I handed Gino the smoothie I made. 

“Ooh, you mean Demi?” Zoey asked, then going over to Demetri and hugging him. “Hi Demi!” She said. 

“Hi...” He replied. Gino graded everyone's smoothies and then gave us an assignment of making Pizza. 

“...Okay...” Dominick said, then looked at his smoothie. “I suck at cooking.” He said. 

“Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. You did good.” I said to him, smiling. 

“...thanks.” He said with a slight smile. I hardly ever see him smile, but it's a nice smile. ...Before you start, no, I am not gay, and I don't like him like that

I gathered the ingredients for my pizza and started. Another girl in the class, a major freak, I'm sure, went about bothering Dominick into being her partner. The poor guy got pizza dough shoved into his face. Shortly after that, she asked me to be her partner, but I declined and finished on my own, just in time for Lunch.

I walked to lunch quietly, and upon walking in, I saw the darker twin, and Drew, faint. It was really bizarre. I sat down by myself with Lunch, that I actually remembered to bring today. After reconsidering, I went over and sat with Dominick and Samson. Some weird boy said he wanted to be my friend, I didn't know who he was so I just kept quiet, taking in what everyone was saying. ...And then Hikari sat down on my head. Don't ask, I have no clue. 

“Ehm... could you get off my head, please?” I asked. “...'kay.” She replied, and then fell off. 

“I can't wait until school is over.” Dominick sighed. The darker twin [name's coming soon, I swear] and Drew finally woke up. 

“Are you okay?” I asked Hikari. 

“This happens all the time.” She said.

“Oh... need any help up?” I asked, holding my hand out with a smile. 

“I got it...” She said. 

“Oh, okay.” I said, looking back at the table. 

“Hi, I'm Kai!” A random boy said, coming over to me. 

“Ehm... hi. I'm Aeolos.” I said. 

“Wanna be friends?” He asked. 

“That's not how you make friends.” His sister said, pulling him off the seat and away. I kept quiet.


Meanwhile Dominick was talking with that freak of a girl, who's name I can't remember. She slapped his cheek for something. 

“Ow...” He said, rubbing his cheek. 

“Hah!” She exclaimed, then hit him with a dodgeball, and went to hit him again. I took it away from her. 

“Enough.” I said. She ranted about how Dominick was the only person to not remember her name, which is completely untrue as you can tell by reading this. 

“...Thanks, Aeolos. You saved me there.” He said, rubbing his face. 

“Oh, ehh... you're welcome.” I said. 

“Girls like that scare me.” Dominick said. 

“Me too.” I replied. 

“Wow, she's desperate.” Someone else sitting at the table said. 

“Tell me about it.” Dominick said. The boy took it literally and started talking about desperate girls. 

“...It's a figure of speech.” I said. 

“...I didn't mean that literally.” Dominick said at the same time. 

“You could've said!” He said. 

“I thought it was kind of obvious.” Dominick said. 

“Yeah.” I said. 

I saw Zoey going through her lunchbag, probably trying to find something. It seemed quite endless. 

“Oh mio dio, your mother packed all that?” I asked as she was pulling out a big bag of candy. 

“Ooh, I want candy!” The pink twin shouted. 

“Go ahead and take some.” Zoey said to her. “Actually, I packed these.” She said to me. 

“Oh...” I said back. 

“You know what I can't believe?” She asked. “Eh?” I replied. 

“That I'm actually able to wear this to school.” She said. I didn't say anything about it, but believe me, I was too. 

The teacher's here are clueless and careless. But now that you've said it, you're probably going to get in trouble.” I said. 

“Hmm...?” She asked. 

“I' m not repeating myself.” I said. 

“Whens the bell going to ring?” Zoey asked, to nobody in particular. She always had a habit of doing that, and I don't mean this in a rude way or anything, but I think she just loved the sound of her voice. 

“WHEN I WANT, FOO'!” The bell shouted. I blinked in disbelief as the bell answered. 

“Are you trying to dress like the Flintstones or something?” Dominick asked. 

“No, I'mma jungle girl, ROAR!” She shouted. 

“Ehm...” I said quietly. 

“RING! MUSIC IS NEXT, YO!” The bell 'rung', much to my delight. I got my bag and then dashed out the door to class.


Music had always been my favorite class. It only make sense that it would, my being a guitarist and all. I looked around the room for an instrument, Dominick had brought his Recorder from home [and wasn't good at it, really. Nobody's good at recorder except for bored Irishmen and old grandfathers trying to impress women], Belinda picked an Electric Triangle and the darker twin picked a Banjo, which was really quite amusing to watch play as her cousin, Jess I think her name is, chose an Accordion. It took me a bit but I picked a Ukulele. It was a beautiful one. I started playing a little tune. 

“Ooh...” Belinda was sitting nearby, watching me. I finished after a while. 

“Awesome!” She cheered. 

“Ehm... grazie.” I said. 

“You're welcome!” She said, smiling. 

“Eh, what's your name?” I asked. 

“I'm Belinda Vogue!” She said, still smiling. 

“Aeolos Russo.” I introduced myself. 

“Nice to meet you.” She said. I nodded. 

“You as well.” I replied. Belinda went away after that so I went back to idly playing the ukulele. 

“Hey Aeolos.” May said, coming over. “Oh, hey.” I replied. 

“You seem a lot more cheery now.” She said. “Well, I like the ukulele.” I replied. 

“I see.” She said.

After that nothing much happened except the substitute teacher coming in and us having to watch some Disney movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment