Monday, October 10, 2011

Madness at Millard: Day Two


The next day was cold and rainy. I missed the bus that day so I had to run a half-mile through the rain to the school, luckily my sketchbook didn't get wet, but I was still a little upset. Although I met a lot more people that day that I'm still friends with now.

The first class of the day was World History, something I already had studied a dozen times, so I just doodled and half-listened to what was going on. All I could tell is that Demetri was at again with the blue-haired girl. Otherwise I wasn't paying attention until the Beatle-y looking guy asked; "Hey, what are you drawing?" snapping me out of my thoughts. 

“Me?...eh... Uhm...” I showed him the picture I was working on, a woman in a flowy dress, I must've been working on texture that week. 

“Whoa... you're pretty good.” He said. 

“Pretty...” The blue-haired girl said, peeking over Dominick's shoulder. 

“Eh... grazie.” I said. 

“Grazie? Oh, that means thank you, right? You're welcome. Uh... so I heard you transferred recently? I'm Dominick, by the way.” He said. It's about time someone asked about it. 

“Eh... yes, I'm new. I'm Aeolos. Nice to meet you.” I said, kind of quietly. I noticed a pink-haired girl sit down next to me, but since she didn't seem like a talker to me, I continued talking with Dominick. A red-haired girl wearing all light blue, popped up randomly. 

“Hi guys, I'm Belinda. Wanna be friends!?” She said. 

“Uh... sure?” He said, looking at Belinda, weirded out. "Anyway, yeah, nice to meet you too."

“Um, I'm Blanky, Domino's friend... and stuff. Welcome to the school.” The blue-haired girl said in a weird way.

“Eh... hi... grazie.” I said, then going back to my drawing.

The next class was Gym. UGH, I hate gym so much... We had these ridiculous uniforms for gym. A short-sleeved white t-shirt and blue shorts. I'm pretty sure they were mixed up for some, because there were a couple people with shorts coming up rather short on them, and others too long for them. When I got dressed, I sat down behind the bleachers with my sketchbook, not really wanting to participate. The Gym teacher, Roger, proposed we all do 100 jumping jacks, exactly the reason why I was hiding. Gym teachers all act like they can completely torture us with excessive exercise with their reasoning being they want us in shape, although a large amount of them, atleast that I know of, are overweight. Nice example, gym teacher man. Anyway. Roger found me behind the bleachers and I 'got' to do 100 jumping jacks and 50 pushups, then we got a to do real workout now. Dodgeball. A flurry of red rubber flew around the gym and I only participated until I was too sore to even bother. I got a black eye, bloody nose, bruises all up my arm and my back felt pretty awful too. I went weakly to lay down on the bleachers until the bell rung.

Next was Lunch. I sat alone at a table, still feeling weak, and now hungry, because I forgot my lunch and lunch money. Wonderful.

A beautiful girl with dark skin, sandy blonde hair and the most captivating violet eyes, wearing a day-dress and flower in her hair colored a lighter shade, had came up to me. "Excuse me, I saw that you didn't have any lunch and I wondered if you wanted to share with me." She said, stuttering a bit. I was too absorbed in my picture to respond, so she asked  me again with a slight nudge.

“Eh? Oh, uhm... grazie.” I said, putting my sketchbook away. 

“Excuse me?” She asked, probably confused by my Italian. 

“It means he doesn't like you.” A fair-skinned girl with pink hair said. The two looked vaguely alike, they must've been sisters. 

“Eh-ehm... no, that's not what it means...” I said quietly.

“You know who doesn't like you? Brian.” The blonde said. The pink-haired girl attacked her and they had a little cat fight. 

The continued fighting right in front of me, so to get my mind off of it, I doodled in my notebook as always. I saw the shy girl from earlier sitting nearby me. 

“Hi.” She said. “Ehm... hello.” I replied.

“I'm May. I just started today. What's your name?” She asked. “Eh, Aeolos.” I replied. 

“I can tell you have an accent, where are you from?” She asked. “Italy. Just outside of Rome.” I replied. 

“I've been to Rome before.” She said. “Eh, me too. We...eh... usually go on the weekends.” I replied. 

“Neat. It must be nice living near such a nice place.” She said. I nodded in reply and went back to drawing.

As I was talking to May and drawing, The twins' (I'm guessing, they had identical features.) fight had spread to Dominick's scarily-serious looking friend, Garret, an insane boy named... Gold, Belinda's cousin Sky [more mention of her later], Dodgeballs ... and a Squirrel. Yes. Don't ask me the details, it was another one of those things you can't tell what the heck it is even though it's happening right in front of you. 

“This school is strange.” May said, watching the madness unfold. 

“...Yes. Yes it is...” I said, not taking my eyes off my notebook, trying to ignore it.  

“What are you drawing?” She asked. I flipped the sketchbook around to show my study of a Butterfly who flew in for me to sketch... and tragically died in the fight right after I finished the outline. 

“Oh wow, it's so pretty!” She said. I smiled. “Grazie.” 

“You're welcome... You know, you're the first person to talk to me.” She said. 

“I am?” I asked. She nodded in reply.


The bell didn't go off, but I could tell by everybody filing out of the lunchroom [save for Emette, Brian and... Kat.] that it was time for the next class. Art. I was once again, absorbed in my painting and only half-listened to everyone around. The dark-skinned blonde was painting a portrait of herself without an eyepatch [I'll be mentioning this girl a lot. You'll find out why later.], and Dominick was the unlucky listener of his friend Samson, who had quite a penchant for babbling incoherently without breath. [One friend of mine jokingly stated that Samson was my brunette mini-me.] It seemed like there was atleast five kids going around snatching others paint cans, thankfully I wasn't one, I was left alone to paint.

Demetri went on hassling Blanky again, much to her horror and Dominick's pleasure. Samson apparently was a shipper of Blanky and Dominick and was confused about it. [I could get why though, Demetri drew a dot on Blanky's forehead and said she was married in India... I'm pretty sure that's not the ritual.] I tried to keep paying attention to my painting, believe me it was hard. 

“...I'm considering transferring with you next year, Dom.” Blanky said. 

“You should.” He replied. 

“I think I might jes' go home after the...eh... quarter...” I muttered. The pink-haired twin stared at me with a creepy look on her face.

The pink-haired girl is weird...” Ame, a brunette who always carried around a talking Fern... named Fern, said. 

“In case you haven't noticed, nobody's exactly normal in this school, including you two, no offense. Which is why I'm transferring.” Dominick said. 

“You're not exactly normal either, Smartypants.” The pink-haired girl said. 

“Maybe not, but compared to these people, it's safe to say I'm completely normal in comparison.” Dominick said. It's safe to say that I hated him that moment. 

“Yeah, you probably are.” Garrett said. [suck-up...] The twins had run off to the nurse, The blonde one dragging the other by her hair. I went back to painting since one of the distractions left. But now the others started fighting in a random way until; “You know... I thought I'd be the different one in this schoor but I seem to be one of the onry normar peopre here.” Dylan said. 

“You know, that's quite rude.” I said, getting sick of the people claiming they were the only normal kids around. 

“Oh rerry?” He asked, and then bowed. 

“I am not trying to be, honest. Prease forgive me.” He continued. 

“It's not like he's the only one claiming to be the only “normal” one here.” Blanky said, eying Dominick. Who shifted his eyes in denial. 

“I am just surprised by the.. uniqueness of my ferrow crassmates.” Dylan said. 

“Well let's face it. None of us are really 'normal'. I mean...” I said, then looking up at my green bangs. “True.” Dominick said. Nice of him to be agreeing with me. 

“YAAAAAAAAWN, what did I miss?” Gold asked, stretching as he woke up from yet another nap [the kid must be narcoleptic or something, he napped all the time at random moments.]. 

“Don't worry, you didn't miss much. NOW PLEASE DON'T ATTACK ME, OKAY?!” Blanky replied. 

“...what.” Gold said shortly. “Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.” Blanky replied. 

“Maybe he has some sort of memory disorder.” Dominick said. Gold completely ignored the two, then asked another girl in class, Hikari, if her name was Kinz. 

“NO. THAT WAS MY CHILDHOOD NICKNAME THAT I HATE VERY MUCH BECAUSE IT BRINGS BAD BAD MEMORIES. IF YOU CALL ME BY IT, I WILL INJURE YOU SEVERELY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.” She replied.

The room was completely quiet for a moment, at the threat. 

“...hey, Kinz.” Dominick said. 

“ D-d-d-did you just.... call me.... KINZ?!” She asked. After that, she went berserk. 

“I tink its a wonderfur nick name but if you don't want to be carred it I'rr make sure not to. Prease stop being scarey!” Dylan said, freaked out. 

I SHOW NO FORGIVENESS TO THOSE WHO PERFORM THE SIN OF CALLING ME BY THAT ACCURSED NAME.” Hikari said, still going crazy. “Because it's a curse, actually! Whenever someone says it, that person gets severely injured unless they say they're sorry.” She said to Dylan, going back to normal for a moment. 

I WILL HURT YOU.” She said, going berserk at Dominick again. Dominick looked at the others and gave a loco gesture. 

“...I think you should say sorry. She's not lookin' too happy.” Blanky said. 

“Sorry, jeez. But seriously, stop the screaming. You sound like a tortured banshee. “ Dominick said to Ki—Hikari. 

“...'kay.” Hikari said and sat back down.


But I wanted to see him get severely injured...” Demetri said. 

“...Excuse me?” Dominick asked. 

“You heard me. I would like to see someone thrown in a fire pit in a form a sacrifice. But we don't have a fire pit, or a reason to sacrifice.” Demetri replied. 

Alright then...” Dominick said. 

“And I will mind control Blanky to dress as a maiden and push you into a volcano. If I had that ability that is.” Demetri said, then showing a picture of it. 

“...Eh?” I said. 

What, exactly, have I ever done to you?” He asked. 

“You did nothing. You are just boring and bland enough for the ceremony to be a success... that is if there was a ceremony.” Demetri said. 

“...I'm... boring and bland?” Dominick asked. 

“It's kinda true, ya know.” Blanky said. 

“Hey, leave him alone... he didn't do anything.” I squeaked. 

“I didn't say he did something.” Demetri said. “All of this is a possibility, if it were possible.... so you should not be chosen, until your chosen. So don't worry, worry may or may not come soon. But you really shouldn't be scared.” Demetri explained. 

“Alrighty then! So glad to hear it!” Dominick said out loud. “Psst. Just between you and me, I think his mom dropped him on the head too many times when he was a kid.” Dominick whispered to Blanky, Garrett and I. “...uh-huh.” Blanky agreed. “She did. She was trying to kill me. I am a burden to my family.” Demetri popped out out of nowhere. For the longest time, we all thought he was kidding about that.

Soon after, the bell finally rung for school ending. Thank goodness. I walked back home after turning my assignment in. Luckily the house I was living in was less than a mile away, so it wasn't too bad of a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment